Mushrooms are highly nutritious, and whilst they are an especially great protein source when on a vegan or vegetarian diet, lots of mushroom varieties have potent health benefits. This simple infographic by Mercola is a great summary of some of these benefits They give this soup a creamy, rich texture.
• 30g dried porcinis (or other mixed mushrooms)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 leek, white and light green part only, cut in half lengthwise, cleaned thoroughly and sliced or chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced (to taste, optional)
• 750g button mushrooms, sliced or coarsely chopped
• About 3 cups stock* or as needed
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon tamari/ salt (more to taste)
**Having homemade stock on hand is the key to this recipe being so easy and delicious. See my recipe here- batch cook and keep in the freezer.
Saute onions and garlic in ghee/butter or EVO until fragrant. Add mushrooms and stock and gently simmer for 10 minutes, then blend once slightly cooled. Season to taste and serve.
Saute onions, mushroom, garlic bless, add stock and other ingredients