• 1-2 tablespoons ghee/butter/extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 leek, white and light green part only, cut in half lengthwise, cleaned thoroughly and sliced or chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced (to taste, optional)
• 1 whole cauliflower head
• 3 zucchinis
• About 3-4 cups stock* or as needed
• Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
*Having homemade stock on hand is the key to this recipe being so easy and delicious. See my recipe here- batch cook and keep in the freezer.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
Chop up cauliflower into florets and add to roasting tray along with sliced zucchini; don't discard stalk or leaves, they can be added as well!Season with olive oil and sprinkle and roast for approx. 40 mins, or until starting to brown.
Meanwhile saute onions, farlics and leeks in ghee/butter in large stock pan until they start to caramelise.
Add roasted cauliflower and zucchinis, gently warm then blend, adding stock and seasoning to taste. Serve topped with chopped herbs, chilli, nut and seeds, depending on taste preference.
Season to taste