This is a great batch cook recipe which is great for breakfast, snacks and lunchbox morning tea. You can also cook in muffin tins for healthy oatmeal muffins.
- 4 cups oats
- 4 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or honey or tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 eggs (or egg alternative - flax egg, chia egg)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup nuts/ seeds (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or dried fruit or grated vegetables (carrot, zucchini and cauliflower work well)(optional)
1. Mix oats, milk, and sweetener in a large bowl.
2. Soak overnight or for 24 hours at room temperature (optional step).
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well, saving baking powder and egg until last.
4. If using nuts/seeds/ fruit, put half in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
5. Pour the batter onto the nuts and fruit and top with the rest.
6. Bake in a preheated 190 degree Celcius oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle of the batter is set.
7. Serve either warm, with additional spices, nuts, fruit and milk or eat at room temperature sliced into squares like a cake. You can also serve with coconut cream or coconut yogurt.
8. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a closed container.