Crunchy chicken drumsticks
Another budget friendly kids dinner. If not feeding the whole famil then suggest to set aside half the drumsticks and marinate these in a honey tamari sesame oil mix for lunchbox fillers. (The crunchy ones are fine for lunchboxes, though just lose the crunch appeal when cold.)
- 8 organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 large egg
- One packet brown rice crackers (such as the Eat Rite brand avail from Woolies)
- 2 TBS melted butter/ ghee
- opt add thyme, oregano, rosemary/ garlic/ cajun spice mix
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2.Line a roasting pan with baking paper coated with melted butter.
3. Lightly beat the egg.
4. Place the brown rice crackers in a zip-lock bag and crush the contents into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
5. Coat one or two drumsticks at a time in the egg, then dip into zip-lock bag
and shake to coat the chicken evenly & sprinkle with spices if using.
6. Place on baking pan and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is browned, 30 to 35 minutes.