Chicken vegetable rolls
These easy to make rolls are the perfect family friendly Friday night dinner and leftovers make great lunchbox fillers. The hidden vegetables and bone broth concentrate are the perfect nutrient boosters for little tummies.
-2 chicken breast or 4 thighs, chopped into chunks
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 40g baby spinach leaves (use less if you don't want a green colour)
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped (or leek/onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (optional)
- 1 large tablespoon of bone broth/ stock concentrate
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed (or make your own pastry!)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place everything except chicken, pastry and stock into food processor bowl.
Blitz (on speed 7 for 5 secs for thermomix) or until desired consistency is achieved- ideally not a paste as you want some vegie consistancy
Add chicken and stock and blitz again (speed 7 for 6 secs). You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
Layer chicken mix on puff pastry. I get two long rolls out of each sheet and cut into a total of twelve rolls- so 36 rolls in total with this recipe.
Brush with milk and top with sesame seeds.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden