These make the perfect sweet lunchbox addition. Full of good fats and high in magnesium they are the perfect energy booster for little bodies.
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup or your choice of sweetener
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract/ opt cinnamon/ nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups mixed seeds: sesame, sunflower, pepitas, chia
- 3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 cup tahini (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
2. Melt coconut oil or butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add in rice malt syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt and stir.
4. Turn off heat and stir in seeds and coconut.
5. Spoon mixture into a baking tin and press down firmly, making sure mixture is evenly spread.
6. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Cool in refrigerator and cut into bars ready to serve